英 [ˈɑ:ftəmæθ] 美 [ˈæftərmæθ]
名词后果; 余波; 再生草
1. If policy had been tighter, the financial bubble would have been smaller and its aftermath less painful.
2. I must say that I prefer the aftermath.
3. Based on the foregoing, a recommendation would be to establish a location that is at the conjunction of a large wilderness tract and a farming community, preferably also within proximity of a river or lake that is not at risk of contamination from sewage (as people can no longer rely on sewers) or industrial pollution and which does not pose risk from major flooding that will occur in the immediate aftermath of the pole shift.
4. I think I knew everything in that instant, and all that he told me was only aftermath.
5. A lot of people are still suffering from the aftermath of the 921 earthquake.
6. In this paper, based on fuzzy logic theory, bringing up a subjoining fuzzy-DC control, and simulate the Tianshengqiao-Guangzhou AC/DC system, obtain the satisfying aftermath.
英 ['ɑ:ftərɪfˌekt] 美 ['ɑ:ftərəˌfekt]
名词后果; 事后影响; (药物的)后效; 后作用
1. And if the operating reserve market pricing can make changes in the energy market clearing price, it will lead to critical aftereffect.
2. Analyses on aftereffect logging data on site can provide qualitative evaluation on original pressure of layers drilled and geophysical properties of reservoirs so as to provide bases and references for further exploration.
3. Its practicality, if it has any, is an aftereffect of this movement.
4. The aftereffect of this movie made me not want to go to bed alone.
5. I would tell you with responsibility that the chairman is very angry, the aftereffect is very gravely.
6. The company is small, without aftereffect, two years, do 3 years did not have.
7. Do not have pretty good rank to two months, bring about aftereffect inadequacy very easily.
8. The aftereffect of his carelessness is fail in the exam.
英 [ˈsi:kwəl] 美 [ˈsikwəl]
名词继续; 续集，续篇; 结局，后果; 余波
1. in the sequel : 结果, 后来;
1. Iron Man 2 star Don Cheadle has fuelled rumours that Marvel superheroes Thor and the Hulk will make cameo appearances in the upcoming sequel.
2. Things never get easier, for an action hero or an actor hoping his sequel can outdo his blockbuster original.
3. That's the tone that dominates Warriors, making the sequel a more violent and generally nastier affair than comic book trifles.
4. The film is the sequel to'Bridget Jones's Diary'.
5. Bruce Willis is already considering making another Die Hard film, just weeks before the third sequel hits cinemas.
6. Zhang's first directorial work was a 2010 sequel to Romance on Lushan Mountain.
7. At least 27 widely distributed films will be installments of previously successful releases, leading to 2011 being dubbed the " year of the sequel ".
8. But the sequel beats the original film by placing emphasis on jokes and peril, and keeping away from an overflow of heartwarming material.